Written by Sally Gaze, author of Mission-shaped and rural, this seminar pack has been designed to:
- recognise the particular challenges and issues facing fresh expressions in rural contexts;
- learn about examples of rural fresh expressions.
The pack helps participants to:
- recognise cultural changes in the countryside;
- recognise differences between different rural contexts;
- understand one model of interaction between gospel and culture in evangelisation (inculturation);
- consider a range of rural fresh expressions.
The material weaves together theological reflection and stories from rural communities. The seminar concludes with two parables for reflection.
Other materials will be required to present the material including a copy of expressions: the dvd – 1: stories of church for a changing culture and/or expressions: the dvd – 2: changing church in every place.